Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh Connie

So I read "Where are you going, Where have you been?" And I asked myself what is so special about this story? I felt like I was watching another dateline show, where you hear about young girls being taken advantage of , or have been missing for years and their parents never gave up on them. To me Connie is a retelling of young girls today, trying to spread her own wings and thinks she knows whats best for herself. Arnold seems to be a smart creep, he plays into Connie's vanities and lures her in. The writer doesn't really end the story, but if you research the pied Piper of Tuscon you will find out the ending. I feel like I need to look deeper into the story, but I am not sure what i should be looking for. ......Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment