Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today was a very interesting class. I realized I was reading on a very shallow level. I didn't realize the demonic hints in Oats' story and was completely blown away by the very idea. I had read the Demon Lover prior to class, but the version I read was a short story that had the same story line of the beautiful poem we read in class today, but was very different. The version I read was about a women named Mrs. Drover, and I enjoyed the short story very much.
I realize now that there are a lot of underlying subjects in most literature, and I am hoping I will be able to perceive this better in the future. I do like how Oats told her version of the Pied Piper of Tuscon through the eyes of the victim. The descriptions of Arnold was very good, it mad me fear Arnold even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment