Monday, February 22, 2010

The Brothers Karamazov

I must say that I love Fyodor Karamazov, or I guess I should say his character. He is not afraid to live out his actions no matter the consequences, he abandoned his children, get a homeless woman pregnant and many other horrible things, but I must say so far in the book he is my favourite. He is what I want to be, but at the same time he is what I am scared to be. I love his passion and how he calls people out.In the chapter "Alyosha in his fathers house" Fyodor says " A sinful life is sweet, you know and although they all say they disapprove every one of them lives sinfully." He had no shame in the life that he lives, which is something to admire, and to be scared of at the same time. He admits what he is, and that what I admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment