Saturday, February 6, 2010

First memory

I have two memories that stand out to me when I look back at my childhood and think about what I remember first.
I remember when I was about 4 years old, there were 8 people all crowded into my parents one bedroom house, and I just had this feeling that I needed to escape. I grabbed my tattered barbie doll and my older sister Abby, and we ran outside and climbed up a GIANT pine tree. You see being very young and small , I was fearless and could climb where most people couldn't, or so I thought. Abby and I climbed till there was no where left to climb, and then we pulled out our barbie dolls thinking we had escaped and we were alone. All of a sudden I looked down and realized our older brother had followed us in hopes we would let him play with our barbies. Abby and I thought it was gross that our brother wanted to play with us, but we let him anyway. We played up in the tree till night and then we walked back inside the house, and i realized my hair was covered in sap. My Mom saw all the sap and quickly pulled out her scissors and cut off all my hair. I looked like a boy, but I didn't mind, as long has I still had my pine tree to climb.

My second memory is around the same age I think. I was outside playing on the dirt with my favorite stick when I realized my Dad was burning, tree branches and weeds in a pile. I hopped and jumped my way over to the fire and started playing around the fire.My parents had 6 kids at this time so they never could keep track of all of us(usually me) so I ended up playing to close to the fire and caught my favorite stick on fire! Oh no! I tried to get the fire off my stick by shaking it, which caused the top to break off, my to trip and the stick to fall on my foot, burning it badly. I screamed and yelled for what seemed like forever, until my brother came and carries me inside. The end

No comments:

Post a Comment