Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random thoughts.

Literature to me is a very tough subject. So far I have learned in class that re-reading is a must! I have slowly been working my way through the brothers Karamazov and last week I was reading the chapter titled " The Grand Inquisitor" wow what a exciting and challenging chapter. The beauty of this book is the author is able to write so eloquently the very thoughts that trouble ever human being. We all have in is, the intellect of Ivan, the selfishness of the father, and we have some kinda of religious aspect which we identify with Alyosha. I look forward to reading this novel several times because I understand that with time I will realize even more beauty in the words than I do now.
While reading the poem" The world is too much with us" I can't help but think what a beautiful poem. I didn't understand a lot of what it was saying at first, but I got the gist of the idea and after researching suck things as Triton, who Proteus was, and sordid boon, I re-read it with greater clarity and enjoyed it even more. I realized that I was reminded greatly of Wally! It really is interesting how everything is a retelling, the poem made me really think of what he was saying, and vivid images of the wonder of the ocean filled my brain and my imagination went wild! But with Wally on the other hand which is a very good movie, the thinking was done for me and there was nothing left to imagine, you saw the trash piles and the earth destroyed.

I came into this class thinking I was an individual who was well read just because I had read, Lord of the flies and having Animal Farm as my favorite book( which I need to read again) well I am happy to admit that I was wrong and although I still do not particularly like the story Araby, I did come into this semester liking books with underlying meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment