Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Love Journal

So back to the assignment of listening in on a man and a women's conversation, I listened to my parents talking the other day. I realized they do not hear what the other person is saying and they end up talking in circles or just repeating the same thing over and over.
In my short time in my life I have learned that a major part of relationships is communication. I have several siblings (8 to be exact) and I think that they all have a problem identifying what they want in life. A couple years ago my boyfriend at the time and I started to keep a "love journal" . We lived in separate towns and we didn't have the time to be on the cell phone. So we would write in the book and then the next time we saw each other we would switch. I learned more about myself and my then boyfriend from that journal then I could have from just talking to him on the phone. There is something intimate about writing, your care of grammar and how people perceive you go out the window. So the saying how do you know what you think until you see what you say, is really just very beautiful. I am going to encourage all my siblings to start keeping a journal

No comments:

Post a Comment